Sidmouth plans a right royal occasion
Sidmouth Herald readers asked to share royal memories and memorabilia for royal wedding edition
WITH just seven weeks until Prince William marries Kate Middleton, all of Britain is preparing for one of the country’s biggest celebrations of the 21st century.
There are few things us Brits like more than a royal knees-up, which means that communities up and down the land will be marking the occasion in their own unique way.
Sidmouth is no exception, with plans for a giant street party in the town centre well under way by Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce.
We at the Sidmouth Herald want to know all about your plans for the big day itself, on Friday, April 29. We also want your help for a special celebratory royal edition.
You may also want to watch:
Did you hold a street party to mark previous royal weddings? Did you enjoy a celebration for the Queen’s coronation or silver or golden jubilees?
Maybe you attended a royal visit - or have even been to London to meet the Queen or visit Buckingham Palace. What are YOU doing to mark this latest royal wedding? Perhaps you are planning a street party amongst neighbours or travelling to London to see the celebrations first hand.
- 1 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 2 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 5 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 6 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 7 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 8 Another record for Kirsteen
- 9 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 10 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
We want your stories to stand alongside the Herald’s own in a special edition in celebration of all things royal.
So share your pictures and memories with us by emailing News Editor Di Bowerman at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to our newsdesk at Sidmouth Herald, Archant SW, Fair Oak Close, Exeter Airport Business Park, Clyst Honiton, Exeter EX5 2UL.
Please include your full name and contact details and details of what memories or memorabilia you have to share with us and our readers.
Submissions need to be received by the end of March.