Sidmouth plans Diamond Jubilee celebrations and more news
A group which aims to organise a community celebration for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee is looking for people to get involved. Read this and more.
THEATRE: Sidmouth Town Council has submitted an application for funding so it can take over the Manor Pavilion Theatre from East Devon District Council. The cash will come from funding handed over to the district council by the new developer at the former Fortfield Hotel site.
PRAYER BREAKFAST: St Lukes Church in Newton Poppleford will be hosting a prayer breakfast on Saturday, January 28, from 8.30am to 10am. Bacon sandwiches and tea and coffee will be available.
You may also want to watch:
JUMBLE: The annual scout jumble sale in Ottery St Mary takes place on January 28 and February 4. There will be a sale of furniture, bric-a-brac, toys and cakes with a 100 lot auction, with doors opening at 1.30pm in the Institute and the Old Boy’s School opposite. There will also be a book and record, CD and DVD fair in the Coleridge Pre-School Playgroup at 11am. There are refreshments and a raffle both Saturdays, with free admission. Call 01404 548312 for more details.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
JUBILEE: A local group who want to organise a community celebration for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee at Sidmouth Town Football Club on June 3 are looking for people with ideas to get involved. On Tuesday, January 17, a meeting will be held at the club on Manstone Avenue at 7.30pm. Contact Di Collings on 01395 5142392 for more information.