Sidmouth plantsman up for gardening award
Sidmouth Garden Centre finalists in five sections of HTA National Garden Centre Awards
THE plants manager at Sidmouth Garden Centre, Darren Knapman, is one of five finalists for employee of the year in this year’s HTA National Garden Centre Awards.
Darren, pictured, won’t have long to wait to find out whether he has won the title as the winners will be announced shortly.
The centre, which began life as nothing more than someone with a stool at the side of the road, selling a few home grown plants and trees, has been recognized with six national awards, reaching the HTA finals for the past four years.
This year the garden centre team celebrates its tenth birthday with owner Ian Barlow, who has transformed the home and garden site.
You may also want to watch:
It now sells locally-grown bedding and shrubs, monster trees from as far away as Italy and has a 150-seater restaurant, award-winning gift shop and contemporary lifestyle store.
This year the centre is finalists in five sections of the HTA awards, including best customer service, best sales team, and retail outlet of the year.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 8 School's hill climb challenge
- 9 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 10 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street