Sidmouth plantsman up for gardening award
Sidmouth Garden Centre finalists in five sections of HTA National Garden Centre Awards
THE plants manager at Sidmouth Garden Centre, Darren Knapman, is one of five finalists for employee of the year in this year’s HTA National Garden Centre Awards.
Darren, pictured, won’t have long to wait to find out whether he has won the title as the winners will be announced shortly.
The centre, which began life as nothing more than someone with a stool at the side of the road, selling a few home grown plants and trees, has been recognized with six national awards, reaching the HTA finals for the past four years.
This year the garden centre team celebrates its tenth birthday with owner Ian Barlow, who has transformed the home and garden site.
You may also want to watch:
It now sells locally-grown bedding and shrubs, monster trees from as far away as Italy and has a 150-seater restaurant, award-winning gift shop and contemporary lifestyle store.
This year the centre is finalists in five sections of the HTA awards, including best customer service, best sales team, and retail outlet of the year.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall