Sidmouth police cordon after sex attack claim
BREAKING NEWS: POLICE cordoned off parts of Sidmouth to the public today after an alleged sexual assault on a young woman in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).
POLICE cordoned off parts of Sidmouth to the public today after an alleged sexual assault on a young woman in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).
The incident took place in Salcombe Road and police were called at 5.35am.
The victim, said to be about 20, was taken to the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford) after being found in Church Lane, an alleyway to the rear of Govier's, which leads from High Street to Church Street.
You may also want to watch:
This walkway was closed to the public by police at 8.20am.
The woman is said not to have life-threatening injuries and was complaining of pains to her groin and wrist, said police.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
They are appealing for witnesses to the attack or anyone who saw anything suspicious in the Salcombe Road and Church Lane areas overnight.