Sidmouth police cordon after sex attack claim
BREAKING NEWS: POLICE cordoned off parts of Sidmouth to the public today after an alleged sexual assault on a young woman in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).
POLICE cordoned off parts of Sidmouth to the public today after an alleged sexual assault on a young woman in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).
The incident took place in Salcombe Road and police were called at 5.35am.
The victim, said to be about 20, was taken to the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford) after being found in Church Lane, an alleyway to the rear of Govier's, which leads from High Street to Church Street.
This walkway was closed to the public by police at 8.20am.
The woman is said not to have life-threatening injuries and was complaining of pains to her groin and wrist, said police.
- 1 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 2 Waves of enthusiasm for Sidmouth Sea Fest
- 3 Fire service appoints former police sergeant as ambassador for road safety initiative
- 4 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 5 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 6 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 7 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 8 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 9 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
- 10 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
They are appealing for witnesses to the attack or anyone who saw anything suspicious in the Salcombe Road and Church Lane areas overnight.