Sidmouth police cordon after sex attack claim
BREAKING NEWS: POLICE cordoned off parts of Sidmouth to the public today after an alleged sexual assault on a young woman in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).
POLICE cordoned off parts of Sidmouth to the public today after an alleged sexual assault on a young woman in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).
The incident took place in Salcombe Road and police were called at 5.35am.
The victim, said to be about 20, was taken to the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford) after being found in Church Lane, an alleyway to the rear of Govier's, which leads from High Street to Church Street.
You may also want to watch:
This walkway was closed to the public by police at 8.20am.
The woman is said not to have life-threatening injuries and was complaining of pains to her groin and wrist, said police.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
They are appealing for witnesses to the attack or anyone who saw anything suspicious in the Salcombe Road and Church Lane areas overnight.