Sidmouth police cordon after sex attack claim
BREAKING NEWS: POLICE cordoned off parts of Sidmouth to the public today after an alleged sexual assault on a young woman in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).
POLICE cordoned off parts of Sidmouth to the public today after an alleged sexual assault on a young woman in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).
The incident took place in Salcombe Road and police were called at 5.35am.
The victim, said to be about 20, was taken to the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford) after being found in Church Lane, an alleyway to the rear of Govier's, which leads from High Street to Church Street.
You may also want to watch:
This walkway was closed to the public by police at 8.20am.
The woman is said not to have life-threatening injuries and was complaining of pains to her groin and wrist, said police.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 4 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 5 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 8 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 9 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 10 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
They are appealing for witnesses to the attack or anyone who saw anything suspicious in the Salcombe Road and Church Lane areas overnight.