Sidmouth Police: Halloween warning
IT is that time of the year again when youngsters turn into ghouls, gremlins and goblins. For those Sidmouth residents who would prefer a quiet night on Halloween without the worry of people knocking on their door, no trick-or-treating posters are avail
IT is that time of the year again when youngsters turn into ghouls, gremlins and goblins. For those Sidmouth residents who would prefer a quiet night on Halloween without the worry of people knocking on their door, 'no trick-or-treating' posters are available from Sidmouth Police Station. The orange posters were created by Devon and Cornwall Constabulary and police say they are designed as a helpful tool in advising 'trick-or-treaters' as to which houses to knock on. Officers are also handing out posters to schools and youth clubs in the area, which give guidance on staying safe this Halloween. Police have issued these tips:
* Always be accompanied by an adult when you are trick-or-treating.
* You should only go to houses of people that you know and who are happy for you to call.
* Stay safe, keep to places that you know and are well lit. Do not take short cuts through gardens, alleyways or parks.
You may also want to watch:
* Watch out for traffic- drivers might not see you.
* If you are wearing a mask make sure that you can see where you are going and are aware of your surroundings.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
* Carry a torch and a fully charged mobile (if you have one).