Sidmouth police praise 999 caller
Suspicious men spotted
A QUICK-THINKING Colaton RaleIgh resident has been praised by Sidmouth police after spotting two men behaving suspiciously last week.
Nine officers, including a police dog handler, raced to a property in Church Road after the suspects were seen at around 10.45pm on Tuesday, June 21.
Officers from the local police support team in Sidmouth attended and helped carry out an extensive search of the area.
No offences were reported and no people were located.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Andy Turner commended the caller who reported the activity. He said: “This is a significant example of someone making good use of the 999 system and calling us at the time so we could deal with the situation as it happened.
“In my own view the police presence in that area probably deterred these two men from doing anything. That’s all credit to the caller.”
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
Police have appealed for information over the incident. Contact officers on 08452 777444, log number 779/21/06.