Sidmouth Police witness appeal over bike theft spate
POLICE are appealing for information after three motorbikes, two from the same street, were stolen last week in Sidmouth. A blue Midi 110cc Trials off-road motorbike was taken from the rear yard of a house at Lawn Vista between 1pm on Friday, February 13
POLICE are appealing for information after three motorbikes, two from the same street, were stolen last week in Sidmouth.
A blue Midi 110cc Trials off-road motorbike was taken from the rear yard of a house at Lawn Vista between 1pm on Friday, February 13 and 9pm on Friday, February 20.
The blue motorbike, which has a silver rear rim, a black front rim and flame decals on the side, had been chained up.
The thieves cut the chain and police found bolt cutters at the scene.
In Baker Close, a scooter and a motorbike were taken from different addresses on the street over the weekend.
The red Sym Red Devil scooter, worth �3,000, was stolen between 10.30pm on Saturday and 8.30am on Sunday.
- 1 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 2 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 3 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 4 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 5 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 6 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 7 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 8 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 9 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 10 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland
The scooter was found at 2pm on Sunday in the car park of Waitrose. The cowling had been ripped off and the lining had been damaged.
An A registration Honda C90 E motorbike in bronze, estimated to cost around �1,000, was also taken between 6pm on Saturday and midday on Sunday.
Again this was also found on the Sunday afternoon- at De La Rue Way in Pinhoe, Exeter. The ignition had been damaged.
A police spokesperson said: "We are not linking these crimes at the present time but our officers are investigating them fully.
"We are appealing for anybody with information about these incidents to contact Sidmouth Police Station."
If you can help the police with their enquiries, ring 08452 777444 quoting crime reference number KS/09/102, for the bike stolen from Lawn Vista, KS/09/105 for the scooter and KS/09/107 for the bike taken from Baker Close.