Sidmouth Police witness appeal over bike theft spate
POLICE are appealing for information after three motorbikes, two from the same street, were stolen last week in Sidmouth. A blue Midi 110cc Trials off-road motorbike was taken from the rear yard of a house at Lawn Vista between 1pm on Friday, February 13
POLICE are appealing for information after three motorbikes, two from the same street, were stolen last week in Sidmouth.
A blue Midi 110cc Trials off-road motorbike was taken from the rear yard of a house at Lawn Vista between 1pm on Friday, February 13 and 9pm on Friday, February 20.
The blue motorbike, which has a silver rear rim, a black front rim and flame decals on the side, had been chained up.
The thieves cut the chain and police found bolt cutters at the scene.
In Baker Close, a scooter and a motorbike were taken from different addresses on the street over the weekend.
The red Sym Red Devil scooter, worth �3,000, was stolen between 10.30pm on Saturday and 8.30am on Sunday.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 8 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 9 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 10 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
The scooter was found at 2pm on Sunday in the car park of Waitrose. The cowling had been ripped off and the lining had been damaged.
An A registration Honda C90 E motorbike in bronze, estimated to cost around �1,000, was also taken between 6pm on Saturday and midday on Sunday.
Again this was also found on the Sunday afternoon- at De La Rue Way in Pinhoe, Exeter. The ignition had been damaged.
A police spokesperson said: "We are not linking these crimes at the present time but our officers are investigating them fully.
"We are appealing for anybody with information about these incidents to contact Sidmouth Police Station."
If you can help the police with their enquiries, ring 08452 777444 quoting crime reference number KS/09/102, for the bike stolen from Lawn Vista, KS/09/105 for the scooter and KS/09/107 for the bike taken from Baker Close.