Sidmouth prepares for Queen’s jubilee celebrations
Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce plans weekend of royal celebrations
THERE will be more tables available to book for Sidmouth’s street party to mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, than at last year’s royal celebrations.
Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce is planning a number of events over the June weekend, starting on Saturday, June 2, with a black tie Jazz Band Ball at Kennaway House, with Pete Allen’s seven-piece band.
Starting at 7.30pm onwards, tickets will go on sale from Kennaway House, Delderfields, 4Homes, Eight’s a Wish on Saturday, March 24.
After the success of its royal wedding street party last August, the Chamber has planned one for Sunday, June 3 from 4pm to 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tables are �20 each, to accommodate six, and will go ‘on sale’ at 10am on Saturday, March 24 at The Anchor, Old Fore Street, on a first come, first served basis.
Chamber secretary, Sylvia Brownlee, said: “Huge thanks to the Anchor. Tickets will be on sale seven days a week, but only between 10am and 12 and 3pm to 6pm for cash or cheque. Please no lunchtime sales or credit cards.”
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
Celebrations won’t stop there. On Monday, June 4, there will be a Classic Car Show and Jazz Garden Party at Sidmouth Cricket Club from 12 noon.
Entry is by donation on the day.
Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce is creating a website to give details of tickets for this, which should go online soon at www.sidmouthclassiccarshow.co.uk.