Speedy Sidmouth students enjoy action packed sports day
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Primary School pupils were put through their paces as they participated in their annual sports day.
Working in teams, the youngsters were watched by parents and their fellow students as they navigated a series of events and races.
Over the course of the afternoon, their speed, accuracy and teamwork were tested.
Among the events were relay races, football skills, jumping and throwing, including bean bags into a hula hoop.
Pupils of all ages participated with some of the schools youngsters pictured racing to pick up tennis balls from a hoop.
You may also want to watch:
The sports day was held at Sidmouth Town Football Club's ground in Manstone Avenue on Thursday, May 23.
A small team of volunteers helped the school's PTFA served teas and coffees on the day.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank