Sidmouth primary youngsters’ ‘incredible’ fireworks fun
CHILDREN at Sidmouth Primary School put on a firework display for their families at the Salcombe Hill scout field last Thursday.
Youngsters from class 1/2S had an ‘incredible time’ watching the bonfire glow and writing their names with giant sparklers and the main event did not disappoint.
Flora Hadfield thought the fireworks were ‘amazing’ and ‘loved it when they where shooting off into the sky’.
Tilly Limbrick said: “It was a freezing cold night, but it was awesome.”
Class teacher Jason Stephens said: “It was worth just seeing a child grow in a matter of moments, starting off petrified of the sparklers and by the end asking for more so he could hold it himself.”
The children wrote letters to the community to see whether they could use the field for the event.
They also used the inspiration of fireworks to write shape poems and made biscuits for the evening to go with hotdogs and soup.
- 1 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 2 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 3 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 4 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
- 5 Commonwealth Games work gives Sidmouth student 'amazing experience' of live TV
- 6 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 7 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 8 Post-lockdown images become public art on Sidmouth billboard
- 9 Residents plagued by aggressive rogue traders
Sidmouth scouts supported the event.