Sidmouth primary youngsters’ ‘incredible’ fireworks fun
CHILDREN at Sidmouth Primary School put on a firework display for their families at the Salcombe Hill scout field last Thursday.
Youngsters from class 1/2S had an ‘incredible time’ watching the bonfire glow and writing their names with giant sparklers and the main event did not disappoint.
Flora Hadfield thought the fireworks were ‘amazing’ and ‘loved it when they where shooting off into the sky’.
Tilly Limbrick said: “It was a freezing cold night, but it was awesome.”
Class teacher Jason Stephens said: “It was worth just seeing a child grow in a matter of moments, starting off petrified of the sparklers and by the end asking for more so he could hold it himself.”
You may also want to watch:
The children wrote letters to the community to see whether they could use the field for the event.
They also used the inspiration of fireworks to write shape poems and made biscuits for the evening to go with hotdogs and soup.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 3 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
Sidmouth scouts supported the event.