Sidmouth Probus Ladies Club
NEWLY elected chairman of Sidmouth Probus Ladies Club, Beryl Bacon (seated) is pictured with other committee members at the club’s annual meeting at the Belmont Hotel, Sidmouth, last Thursday (April 7).
They are Margaret Shepherd, treasurer, outgoing chairman Jean Wisdish, Mary Mercer, and Alison Black.
The meeting included a luncheon, attended by more than 40 club members.
The club was formed in 1984 and is open to wives and widows of Probus members and ladies who have been sponsored by a club member.
There is a waiting list for acceptance.
The aims of the club are to promote social and intellectual contacts through congenial companionship and caring support to members in times of need.
Club meetings take the form of friendly monthly coffee mornings, with speakers attending, at 10.30am on the first Thursday of the month at the Belmont Hotel.
- 1 Fire service appoints former police sergeant as ambassador for road safety initiative
- 2 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 3 Waves of enthusiasm for Sidmouth Sea Fest
- 4 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 5 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 6 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 7 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 8 Ottery's Animal Rescue Centre holds anniversary fundraising event
- 9 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 10 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
The annual meeting and December Christmas meeting, take the form of a luncheon at the hotel.