Sidmouth Probus Ladies Club
NEWLY elected chairman of Sidmouth Probus Ladies Club, Beryl Bacon (seated) is pictured with other committee members at the club’s annual meeting at the Belmont Hotel, Sidmouth, last Thursday (April 7).
They are Margaret Shepherd, treasurer, outgoing chairman Jean Wisdish, Mary Mercer, and Alison Black.
The meeting included a luncheon, attended by more than 40 club members.
The club was formed in 1984 and is open to wives and widows of Probus members and ladies who have been sponsored by a club member.
There is a waiting list for acceptance.
You may also want to watch:
The aims of the club are to promote social and intellectual contacts through congenial companionship and caring support to members in times of need.
Club meetings take the form of friendly monthly coffee mornings, with speakers attending, at 10.30am on the first Thursday of the month at the Belmont Hotel.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
The annual meeting and December Christmas meeting, take the form of a luncheon at the hotel.