Sidmouth Probus Ladies Club
NEWLY elected chairman of Sidmouth Probus Ladies Club, Beryl Bacon (seated) is pictured with other committee members at the club’s annual meeting at the Belmont Hotel, Sidmouth, last Thursday (April 7).
They are Margaret Shepherd, treasurer, outgoing chairman Jean Wisdish, Mary Mercer, and Alison Black.
The meeting included a luncheon, attended by more than 40 club members.
The club was formed in 1984 and is open to wives and widows of Probus members and ladies who have been sponsored by a club member.
There is a waiting list for acceptance.
You may also want to watch:
The aims of the club are to promote social and intellectual contacts through congenial companionship and caring support to members in times of need.
Club meetings take the form of friendly monthly coffee mornings, with speakers attending, at 10.30am on the first Thursday of the month at the Belmont Hotel.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 6 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 7 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
The annual meeting and December Christmas meeting, take the form of a luncheon at the hotel.