Sidmouth Probus Ladies Club
NEWLY elected chairman of Sidmouth Probus Ladies Club, Beryl Bacon (seated) is pictured with other committee members at the club’s annual meeting at the Belmont Hotel, Sidmouth, last Thursday (April 7).
They are Margaret Shepherd, treasurer, outgoing chairman Jean Wisdish, Mary Mercer, and Alison Black.
The meeting included a luncheon, attended by more than 40 club members.
The club was formed in 1984 and is open to wives and widows of Probus members and ladies who have been sponsored by a club member.
There is a waiting list for acceptance.
You may also want to watch:
The aims of the club are to promote social and intellectual contacts through congenial companionship and caring support to members in times of need.
Club meetings take the form of friendly monthly coffee mornings, with speakers attending, at 10.30am on the first Thursday of the month at the Belmont Hotel.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
The annual meeting and December Christmas meeting, take the form of a luncheon at the hotel.