Sidmouth Probus Ladies Club is 30!
- Credit: Archant
SIDMOUTH Probus Ladies Club has toasted its 30th anniversary.
Celebrations last Thursday, March 6, at the Belmont Hotel saw three founder members - Joy Metcalfe, Pamela Sage and Jackie Ridlington (pictured left to right with the current committee behind them) - invited to cut a special cake.
“It is quite amazing to remember that the three ladies joined in 1984 and are still enjoying the monthly meetings,” said club member Beryl Bacon.
The morning was enhanced by a talk given by David Baldock entitled ‘Let’s Go To The Fair’.
“As most people in Sidmouth know, David’s presentations are indeed so entertaining and this certainly did not disappoint with his comprehensive records of the fairs of long ago up to the present day. It certainly brought back many memories of childhood,” added Beryl.
You may also want to watch:
“The morning went so quickly and everyone agreed it had indeed been a celebration to remember and look forward to the next 30 years.”
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses