Sidmouth Probus Ladies Club is 30!
- Credit: Archant
SIDMOUTH Probus Ladies Club has toasted its 30th anniversary.
Celebrations last Thursday, March 6, at the Belmont Hotel saw three founder members - Joy Metcalfe, Pamela Sage and Jackie Ridlington (pictured left to right with the current committee behind them) - invited to cut a special cake.
“It is quite amazing to remember that the three ladies joined in 1984 and are still enjoying the monthly meetings,” said club member Beryl Bacon.
The morning was enhanced by a talk given by David Baldock entitled ‘Let’s Go To The Fair’.
“As most people in Sidmouth know, David’s presentations are indeed so entertaining and this certainly did not disappoint with his comprehensive records of the fairs of long ago up to the present day. It certainly brought back many memories of childhood,” added Beryl.
You may also want to watch:
“The morning went so quickly and everyone agreed it had indeed been a celebration to remember and look forward to the next 30 years.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future