Sidmouth pub raises �3,119 for cancer charity
Day and night music, hog roast and fundraising at The Volunteer, Sidmouth
A DAY and night of music, hog roasting and fundraising at The Volunteer, Sidmouth, last month, has raised �3,119 for Cancer Research.
Music was at the centre of events with The Freak Brothers playing their usual blend of Hendrix, Stones and rock and roll.
Participant Ian Hanson said: “The generosity of the bands in giving their time for free on a Saturday, when usually they are at paying gigs, was a key factor.”
There were so many supporters that by mid afternoon the burgers, supplied by Hayman’s Butchers, and hog roast, donated by Keith Trivett and Chris Pike – cooked by Jason Stiling – were soon demolished.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured l-r: Jason Stiling, Dave Maddock, Jo Jacobs and Steve Lea.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 8 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 10 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots