Sidmouth pub raises �3,119 for cancer charity
Day and night music, hog roast and fundraising at The Volunteer, Sidmouth
A DAY and night of music, hog roasting and fundraising at The Volunteer, Sidmouth, last month, has raised �3,119 for Cancer Research.
Music was at the centre of events with The Freak Brothers playing their usual blend of Hendrix, Stones and rock and roll.
Participant Ian Hanson said: “The generosity of the bands in giving their time for free on a Saturday, when usually they are at paying gigs, was a key factor.”
There were so many supporters that by mid afternoon the burgers, supplied by Hayman’s Butchers, and hog roast, donated by Keith Trivett and Chris Pike – cooked by Jason Stiling – were soon demolished.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured l-r: Jason Stiling, Dave Maddock, Jo Jacobs and Steve Lea.
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 6 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary