Sidmouth pub rated one of the top dog-friendly public houses in the South West
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth pub is among the most dog-friendly public houses in the South West.
The Swan Inn came third in the Dog-friendly Pub Awards, after receiving the votes from the public.
The awards, run by Rover.com - a network of pet sitters and dog walkers - celebrates pubs with dog-friendly initiatives.
The top ten pubs in the South West were:
1. The Ship Inn, Teignmouth.
You may also want to watch:
2. The Halzephron Inn, Gunwalloe.
3. The Swan Inn, Sidmouth.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 8 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 9 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
4. The Fox and Hounds, Devizes.
5. Henry's Bar, Paignton.
6. The Royal Oak, Exeter.
7. The White Hart, Melksham.
8. The Blue Anchor, Teignmouth.
9. The Mason's Arms, Yeovil.
10. The Royal Oak Hotel, Yeovil.