Sidmouth pub to reopen following £500k investment
- Credit: Archant
National pub operator Punch also creates 12 jobs at The Balfour Arms as part of the project.
A Sidmouth pub has received a half-a-million pound investment from a national pub operator.
Punch has ploughed in money to renovate The Balfour Arms and will create 12 new jobs as part of the project.
The Woolbrook Road pub will reopen on Friday, May 6, after being closed for redecoration inside and out.
Internally the pub has been fitted with new furniture, flooring, curtains and fittings, while outside Punch has made improvements to the public houses appearance by updating the beer garden.
You may also want to watch:
Publican Ron Miles said: “The Balfour Arms has always been a popular pub thanks to its great location at the heart of the Woolbrook Estate. It is a true community pub that’s family friendly with something for everyone.
Craig Taylor, openings manager for Punch, added: “Ron and his wife Angela have a huge amount of experience in the industry and I’m confident that they will establish the pub as the focal point of the local community.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
“A real plus point for the pub is its great outdoor space which will be perfect during the busy summer months when tourists descend on this lovely seaside location. I’m looking forward to continually supporting The Balfour Arms team as they develop the business going forward.”