Sidmouth pub to reopen following £500k investment
- Credit: Archant
National pub operator Punch also creates 12 jobs at The Balfour Arms as part of the project.
A Sidmouth pub has received a half-a-million pound investment from a national pub operator.
Punch has ploughed in money to renovate The Balfour Arms and will create 12 new jobs as part of the project.
The Woolbrook Road pub will reopen on Friday, May 6, after being closed for redecoration inside and out.
Internally the pub has been fitted with new furniture, flooring, curtains and fittings, while outside Punch has made improvements to the public houses appearance by updating the beer garden.
You may also want to watch:
Publican Ron Miles said: “The Balfour Arms has always been a popular pub thanks to its great location at the heart of the Woolbrook Estate. It is a true community pub that’s family friendly with something for everyone.
Craig Taylor, openings manager for Punch, added: “Ron and his wife Angela have a huge amount of experience in the industry and I’m confident that they will establish the pub as the focal point of the local community.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
“A real plus point for the pub is its great outdoor space which will be perfect during the busy summer months when tourists descend on this lovely seaside location. I’m looking forward to continually supporting The Balfour Arms team as they develop the business going forward.”