Sidmouth pupils back Campaign 2012
Pennies galore have been raised by pupils at Sidmouth Primary School to boost its Campaign 2012 coffers to buy a minibus.
When the contents of all 20 jars have been counted, it is likely to have raised �400, said PTFA secretary, Sarah Fletcher.
“There were some very full jars on the junior site (at Woolbrook),” she said. “They have been quite competitive.”
The class that raises the most from each of the three school sites, will win �30 to buy indoor play equipment.
Now the PTFA is planning another fund raising evening of fun at Crealy on March 23.
They will have access to the adventure zone and caf� from 6pm to 9pm on that evening and will be selling up to a maximum of 300 tickets to primary children and adults for the event.
The association will invite Sidbury, Newton Poppleford, Otterton, Beer and Branscombe primary schools to join in and will allocate each school a proportion of the tickets to sell for �2 each.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 3 South West warning for drought issued
- 4 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 5 Commonwealth Games work gives Sidmouth student 'amazing experience' of live TV
- 6 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
- 7 Dancers take a step back in time at Playford Ball
- 8 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 9 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
Profit made by Sidmouth Primary will go towards Campaign 2012 minibus fund.