Sidmouth pupils back Campaign 2012
Pennies galore have been raised by pupils at Sidmouth Primary School to boost its Campaign 2012 coffers to buy a minibus.
When the contents of all 20 jars have been counted, it is likely to have raised �400, said PTFA secretary, Sarah Fletcher.
“There were some very full jars on the junior site (at Woolbrook),” she said. “They have been quite competitive.”
The class that raises the most from each of the three school sites, will win �30 to buy indoor play equipment.
Now the PTFA is planning another fund raising evening of fun at Crealy on March 23.
You may also want to watch:
They will have access to the adventure zone and caf� from 6pm to 9pm on that evening and will be selling up to a maximum of 300 tickets to primary children and adults for the event.
The association will invite Sidbury, Newton Poppleford, Otterton, Beer and Branscombe primary schools to join in and will allocate each school a proportion of the tickets to sell for �2 each.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
Profit made by Sidmouth Primary will go towards Campaign 2012 minibus fund.