Sidmouth quilters raise �2,000 for Children’s Hospice
Former Sidmouth residents wins prize draw Clarice Cliff quilt at two-day exhibition
A �2,000 donation will go to Children’s Hospice South West, after a two-day event by Sidmouth Quilters and Patchers at Kennaway House, Sidmouth.
Last week’s exhibition was a huge success for members, attracting more than 360 visitors over the Tuesday and Wednesday.
A Clarice Cliff inspired quilt was won by Karen Davies, a former Primley Mead resident, now living in Swansea.
Colaton Raleigh artist, Alan Cotton; who attended both days, chose her winning ticket at the prize draw on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds from the draw and sale of butterfly cushions, made by group members, enabled the group’s to give �2,000 to CHSW.
Member Angela Crowther said many visitors commented on photographs of quilts sent to friends and relatives living away in a The Ones that Flew Away feature.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 5 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 6 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 7 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
She said: “In putting together an exhibition such as this, the organisers found that quite a few members had little to show for their efforts as the quilts had already been sent overseas and it was not possible to get them back to exhibit.
“Such quilts are often much cherished links to parents, grandparents and friends.”
Beginners and experienced quilters are welcome to join the group and those interested should call Kathleen Hughes on (01395) 512452.