Sidmouth raises another £669 for Admiral Nurse Campaign
- Credit: Archant
Groups from across the Sid Valley have pulled together to raise £669 for the Admiral Nurse Campaign.
Generous residents continued to show their support for the appeal by donating change in locations across the town last Friday.
Volunteers included members from the Lions Club of Sidmouth, Inner Wheel, and rotary clubs.
Promoter Ian Skinner said he was very pleased with the result, as the appeal draws closer to its £100,000 target.
He added: “To make £600 again in this day and age that we are in at the moment, it was great. It was a lot of effort by a lot of people.”
You may also want to watch:
The Sid Valley Memory Café launched the £100,000 appeal, in partnership with the Herald, a year ago. The money will cover the costs of employing an Admiral Nurse for two years.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 10 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures