Sidmouth ranger unit to reopen in January
- Credit: Archant
Girls in the Sid Valley will be able to continue or begin their guide journey in the New Year as the Sidmouth group will be reopening its ranger unit.
The group is for girls aged 14 to 18 and will meet every Monday night from 7.30pm to 9pm at the headquarters in Lawn Vista.
It is part of a recruitment drive as 1st Sidmouth Guides is also welcoming new members, aged 10 to 14, to join them on a Thursday evening from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Lorna Beard, the group’s guide leader, said: “Over the last few months we have done everything from climbing, abseiling, llama walking, science experiments, butterfly and squirrel nights, snake handling and a fantastic Harry Potter themed residential.”
The group has also celebrated two of its members achieving the ultimate achievement for a girl guide, the Baden Powell Challenge Award.
You may also want to watch:
Chloe Beard and Christina Clapp had to complete four challenge badges and take part in a Baden Powell Adventure to complete the award.
Christina’s adventure took place in Ashburton where her group had to explore the area finding clues, undertaking challenges and taking photos for evidence before returning back to base.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Chloe travelled to the Girlguiding Centre at Blackland Farm in East Grinstead for her weekend where she did a glass workshop, crate challenge and nightline amongst other things.
In February, three more of our Guides will be attending their adventure.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org