Sidmouth Red Cross Week plea
THE British Red Cross is calling for volunteers in the Sidmouth area to help raise money during the charity’s annual fundraising drive from May 5 to 11.
By sparing a couple of hours residents can make an amazing difference to the lives of people in need, says the charity.
The money raised will help the Red Cross continue to provide emergency response services, first aid and health and social care across Devon.
Kate Bailey, community fundraiser at the Red Cross said: “During Red Cross Week we rely on our fantastic volunteers giving their time to collect locally.
“We couldn’t raise the money we do without them. The more collectors there are, the more money can be raised to reach out to the local community so we are really encouraging people to sign up this year.”
You may also want to watch:
People who wish to collect for the Red Cross can contact Kate on 01392 353274 or visit www.redcross.org.uk/redcrossweek to sign up and find out how to get started.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank