Sidmouth Red Cross Week plea
THE British Red Cross is calling for volunteers in the Sidmouth area to help raise money during the charity’s annual fundraising drive from May 5 to 11.
By sparing a couple of hours residents can make an amazing difference to the lives of people in need, says the charity.
The money raised will help the Red Cross continue to provide emergency response services, first aid and health and social care across Devon.
Kate Bailey, community fundraiser at the Red Cross said: “During Red Cross Week we rely on our fantastic volunteers giving their time to collect locally.
“We couldn’t raise the money we do without them. The more collectors there are, the more money can be raised to reach out to the local community so we are really encouraging people to sign up this year.”
People who wish to collect for the Red Cross can contact Kate on 01392 353274 or visit www.redcross.org.uk/redcrossweek to sign up and find out how to get started.
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 'We'll have to put up with roadworks for a few weeks'
- 4 Strong demand for properties continues into the new year
- 5 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 6 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 7 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 8 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 9 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 10 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'