Sidmouth Red Cross Week plea
THE British Red Cross is calling for volunteers in the Sidmouth area to help raise money during the charity’s annual fundraising drive from May 5 to 11.
By sparing a couple of hours residents can make an amazing difference to the lives of people in need, says the charity.
The money raised will help the Red Cross continue to provide emergency response services, first aid and health and social care across Devon.
Kate Bailey, community fundraiser at the Red Cross said: “During Red Cross Week we rely on our fantastic volunteers giving their time to collect locally.
“We couldn’t raise the money we do without them. The more collectors there are, the more money can be raised to reach out to the local community so we are really encouraging people to sign up this year.”
You may also want to watch:
People who wish to collect for the Red Cross can contact Kate on 01392 353274 or visit www.redcross.org.uk/redcrossweek to sign up and find out how to get started.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight