Sidmouth Regatta fall
Woman falls from sea wall during Sidmouth Regatta events
A WOMAN was airlifted to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford) on Saturday afternoon after she fell 15 feet from the sea wall at Sidmouth while watching Sidmouth Regatta.
The incident happened at the tallest part of the sea wall, close to Sidmouth Sailing Club at Eastern Town.
Several 999 calls were made by the crowd, there to watch this year’s Regatta events at around 3.41pm and land crew from Exmouth and Honiton stood by near the scene while Devon Air Ambulance, on its way back from Plymouth, landed at The Ham.
A spokesman for Devon’s South West Ambulance Service, said: “A rapid response vehicle was already at the scene. The woman fell 15 feet.”
You may also want to watch:
He could not confirm whether she was conscious or not before being airlifted to hospital.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary