Sidmouth Regatta is back!
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Regatta returns this weekend with a line-up of activities and events for all the family.
Tonight (Friday), the famous Red Arrows will soar over the seafront at 6.30pm and are expected to draw thousands of spectators onto The Esplanade.
Organisers are appealing for volunteers to help collect donations to make sure the aerobatic team returns next year.
Tomorrow (Saturday) there will be the popular adult three-legged race, which commences at Port Royal at 1pm, and will take a route around six of the town’s pubs. Also on Saturday, there will be sailing and swimming races, the raft race, a display by Exmouth Lifeboat, music by The Culprits and a grand fireworks display at 9.30pm.
Sunday is also jam-packed with events for children, including drawing competitions, fancy-dress and a treasure hunt.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a shop window competition. Organisers have thanked more than 30 businesses that have sponsored and supported the event.
Programmes are available and cost £1.50.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight