Sidmouth Regatta needs YOU to help bring the Red Arrows back next year
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers are needed to collect cash to keep the RAF display team coming back to Sidmouth
Sidmouth Regatta needs you to help bring the Red Arrows back next year.
The RAF’s elite aerobatic pilots will be flying over the seafront from 6.30pm on Friday, August 25, when volunteers will be collecting donations to ensure they return in 2018.
The Red Arrows will be preceded by a Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and the Lancaster Bomber and two Spitfires have now confirmed their flight time as 5.50pm.
Town clerk Christopher Holland said: “The three-strong Sidmouth Regatta committee of Oliver Salter, Adele Salter and Keith Knight are instrumental in making sure that the regatta continues and they are helping the town council find collectors.
You may also want to watch:
“The Red Arrows will only be able to keep returning if the public dig deep and make contributions. In order to collect these contributions, we need as many people as possible to volunteer to help.
“Oliver has asked that people wishing to help collect should report to the Bedford Hotel at 5pm with proof of ID.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Sidmouth Regatta follows the display on August 26 and 27.