Sidmouth Repair Café – it’s about building up relationships
- Credit: Archant
The Repair Cafe movement has been growing over recent times and communities are benefiting
The Repair Café movement is gaining ground.
Last month, the Café in Exeter repaired 263 items, breaking the world record for the highest number of items mended in one day.
The Sidmouth Café has not yet reached these heights, but last month was its most successful.
One satisfied customer was clearly pleased: “Two pairs of trousers expertly repaired and a much loved coat, which was a challenge but now looking in perfect condition again!”
You may also want to watch:
All sorts of things are fixed at the Café – from printers and lawnmowers to teddies and toasters, with the Café now particularly able to help with broken computers.
The expert fixers have been helped by a generous donation of tools and materials from Bradfords Building Supplies.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
And as their manager Chris Dunford said when visiting the Café: “It’s not just about repairs, it’s about building up relationships and making friendships.”
The Repair Café is held every last Saturday of the month at the Youth Centre in Manstone Lane, Sidmouth.
Sidmouth Repair Café will be operating on Saturday,March 30 and Saturday, April 27.
For more features from East Devon Resident, click here.