Electronic engineer needed for next Sidmouth repair café
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s thriving repair café is looking for new fixers with electronics experience ahead of their next session.
Volunteers meet on a Saturday every month, at Sidmouth Youth Centre, in Manstone Lane, between 10am and 1pm to repair all manners of items.
The committee is hoping to find an electronic engineer with knowledge of electronic gadgets to cover its next café on Saturday, January 26.
David Rafferty, from the café’s committee, said: “We are looking for anybody who has any electrical experience that can repair small electronic gadgets with circuit boards, such as radios.”
“People come along with skills wanting to be involved and we can show you how to fix your own stuff.”
You may also want to watch:
Since the café’s launch in September, 24 volunteers have offered their time and skills in sewing, darning, carpentry, electronics and mechanics.
The café is free to enter and refreshments are available.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh