Sidmouth resident's property price penchant
SIDMOUTH resident John Dyson is the man to talk to about the town s property prices.
SIDMOUTH resident John Dyson is the man to talk to about the town's property prices.
Following a Herald report last month on how Sidmouth average house prices are amongst the highest of the UK's coastal resorts, Mr Dyson has revealed an encyclopaedic knowledge in the fluctuation of property prices in the region.
Former city analyst John, who is a town councillor, has spent the past eight years maintaining a database of locations in England and Wales based on figures from the Land Registry.
"I have a personal interest in it", said John Been. "I've hired as a consultant but maintain it out of interest more than anything else."
You may also want to watch:
John's figures show a staggering 333 per cent jump in prices in the town from 1997 to 2007, and dropping by 14.2 per cent since then.
John's verdict for the Sidmouth property market in the near future: "Prices are going to go nowhere for the next six months.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 8 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park