Sidmouth residents invited to go and fly a kite at annual event
- Credit: Archant
Join Sidmouth Catholic Church for its annual Pentacost celebrations by making and flying kites this May.
The church is inviting residents of all ages to join them for its seventh annual go fly a kite event on Sunday, May 20.
More than 100 people attended the event last year, which takes place in the green area above Jacobs Ladder, adjacent to Peak Hill.
The event will start at midday and attendees are welcome to bring a picnic and have a slice of the metre long cake members will be making to celebrate the church’s birthday.
The day before, members will be holding a kite making workshop in St Teresa’s Hall at 10am, for anyone to come and make their own design to fly in the sky.
You may also want to watch:
Jill McGauley, social committee co-ordinator for the Catholic church, promised there was fun for all.
Both events are free to attend.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients