Sidmouth care home residents show thanks to NHS with artwork
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth residents have been getting creative and showing their appreciation of the NHS.
Staff and residents at Malden House, one of Hartford Care’s care homes, in Sidford Road, have been making butterfly rainbows to be displayed in their windows.
The home wanted to show their thanks to key workers, especially the doctors, who have been looking after them during this very difficult period.
Abbeyfield Sidmouth Society, which provides sheltered accommodation for the elderly, has also been busy with different activities to show their thanks.
Residents have placed colourful ribbons and drawings at the front of the home in Station Road, in the hope of making passers-by smile.
You may also want to watch:
Louse Clinch, house manager at Abbeyfield Sidmouth Society, said: “It would be marvellous if the local community could help fill the board with their pictures and lots of colour.
“It has been lovely when I have been outside and a passer-by has smiled, stopped and had a chat.”
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution