Sidmouth residents urged to log on to super-fast web bid
CAMPAIGNING county council bosses have has issued a rallying call for Sidmouth and Ottery residents and businesses to back their win vital funding for super-fast internet.
CAMPAIGNING county council bosses have issued a rallying call for Sidmouth and Ottery residents and businesses to back their bid to win vital funding for super-fast internet.
They hope Devon can benefit from a �530million Government Broadband Delivery UK kitty.
Householders have been urged to complete an online survey before a deadline passes on Monday. A critical part of the bid is demonstrating the need for improved connectivity.
Councillor Will Mumford, DCC cabinet member for economic regeneration, said: “This is a crucial bid. Rural businesses need a significant improvement to their broadband service to remain competitive and support growth.
“It will encourage local entrepreneurs to start businesses and create jobs and make a real difference to communities.”
If successful, the project, made in partnership with Somerset County Council, will bring a super-fast service to both counties. A funding decision is expected in May.
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 7 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 8 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 10 Rugby classics in exotic locations
To take part visit www.connectingdevonandsomerset.co.uk.