Sidmouth residents urged to log on to super-fast web bid
CAMPAIGNING county council bosses have has issued a rallying call for Sidmouth and Ottery residents and businesses to back their win vital funding for super-fast internet.
CAMPAIGNING county council bosses have issued a rallying call for Sidmouth and Ottery residents and businesses to back their bid to win vital funding for super-fast internet.
They hope Devon can benefit from a �530million Government Broadband Delivery UK kitty.
Householders have been urged to complete an online survey before a deadline passes on Monday. A critical part of the bid is demonstrating the need for improved connectivity.
Councillor Will Mumford, DCC cabinet member for economic regeneration, said: “This is a crucial bid. Rural businesses need a significant improvement to their broadband service to remain competitive and support growth.
You may also want to watch:
“It will encourage local entrepreneurs to start businesses and create jobs and make a real difference to communities.”
If successful, the project, made in partnership with Somerset County Council, will bring a super-fast service to both counties. A funding decision is expected in May.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 3 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 4 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 5 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 6 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 7 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 10 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
To take part visit www.connectingdevonandsomerset.co.uk.