Sidmouth road blocked after car transporter hits overhanging branches
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed a Sidmouth street in both directions after vehicles on a car transporter were knocked off by an overhanging branch.
The driver was leaving the town via Fortescue Road when the incident happened at 1.55pm today (Wednesday).
Special constable Alastair Stevenson attended and said two of six vehicles were knocked off the transporter – one in ‘surprisingly good shape’, the other ‘really mangled’.
A third remained on the transporter but ‘in really bad shape’ after the impact.
Special constable Stevenson said the driver had managed to get one of the second-hand cars back onto the lower tier.
You may also want to watch:
A recovery vehicle is attending the scene and the road should reopen shortly.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge