Rotary Club’s community work commemorated at annual dinner
- Credit: Archant
Rotarians got together to celebrate their community work at special dinner hosted by their president.
The Rotary Club of Sidmouth held its annual President’s Dinner and Dance evening at the Victoria Hotel last Sunday (January 13) to mark the year’s achievements.
One Rotarian called it ‘a huge success’ as the club highlighted the work done for the local community as well as the friendship it provides to its members.
The event, hosted by president John Kinch, also saw the district governor Graham Carey attend and both made speeches to the gathered group of rotarians and guests.
The next event on the club’s horizon is its annual quiz night. It will be held on Friday, March 22, at Sidmouth Golf Club and will start at 7pm. It is £5 per head for tables of six and bookings can be made through Keith on 01395 741968.
You may also want to watch:
The Rotary Club meets every second and fourth Wednesday of the month.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout