Sidmouth Rotary raises £14k in six months!
- Credit: Archant
SIDMOUTH Rotary Club has reflected on its achievements in raising more than £14,000 in just six months for good causes both locally and across the globe.
The statistic was celebrated at the group’s 76th President’s Night at the Victoria Hotel on Saturday.
“To have raised more than £14,000 in six months is quite good,” said Sidmouth Rotary president Lyn Ellis.
“It’s not a huge club - 35 members. We’ve put a lot of hard work into it and I was really proud of them [on Saturday].”
The money has gone to causes both in Sidmouth and around the world.
You may also want to watch:
Around £7,500 was raised towards the major revamp that is underway at Sidmouth Victoria Hospital through the club’s annual Swimathon in Ocotber.
Rotarians have also been able to send five shelterboxes and three water survival boxes to crisis zones abroad such as the typhoon-hit Philippines.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
Members have also offered their physical efforts by planting bulbs across the valley as part of the Sid Vale Association’s high-profile project.
Sidmouth Rotary Club meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at The Anchor Inn at 12.15pm.
All are welcome to attend.