Sidmouth Rotary raises £14k in six months!
- Credit: Archant
SIDMOUTH Rotary Club has reflected on its achievements in raising more than £14,000 in just six months for good causes both locally and across the globe.
The statistic was celebrated at the group’s 76th President’s Night at the Victoria Hotel on Saturday.
“To have raised more than £14,000 in six months is quite good,” said Sidmouth Rotary president Lyn Ellis.
“It’s not a huge club - 35 members. We’ve put a lot of hard work into it and I was really proud of them [on Saturday].”
The money has gone to causes both in Sidmouth and around the world.
You may also want to watch:
Around £7,500 was raised towards the major revamp that is underway at Sidmouth Victoria Hospital through the club’s annual Swimathon in Ocotber.
Rotarians have also been able to send five shelterboxes and three water survival boxes to crisis zones abroad such as the typhoon-hit Philippines.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Members have also offered their physical efforts by planting bulbs across the valley as part of the Sid Vale Association’s high-profile project.
Sidmouth Rotary Club meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at The Anchor Inn at 12.15pm.
All are welcome to attend.