Sidmouth Rotary Swimathon raises �10,742 for SLWC
Biggest cheque for CAMPAIGN 2010 mini-bus appeal comes from Sidmouth Swimathon
SWIMMERS taking part in this year’s Swimathon for Sidmouth Living With Cancer charity, have raised a magnificent �10,742,65.
A cheque was handed to Bill and Evelyn Lankester from SWLC on Friday at Kennaway House, before the launch of the charity’s new mini-bus.
Members of the Rotary Club of Sidmouth organised the event for SWLC and attended the cheque handover by club president David Mason, who described the sum raised as “a great result.”
Bill said: “I’d like to thank the Rotary Club for this wonderful cheque. This means that we can run the bus for two years and have no worries at all.”
You may also want to watch:
Twenty teams with 115 swimmers took part in the Swimathon last autumn, including three brave Sidmouth and Midweek Herald editorial staff, who raised more than �800 between them after receiving match funding by Archant Gold.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC