Sidmouth Royal British Legion to host carol concert in parish church
- Credit: Archant
Christmas carols will ring out from Sidmouth Parish Church with a festive concert from Sidmouth’s Royal British Legion.
The service will be conducted by the Reverend Annita Denny at 10.30am tomorrow (Saturday).
The RBL hopes for a good turnout following the successful Peoples Procession and Remembrance Day last month.
Sidmouth Gospel Choir will sing at the concert led by musical director and organist Bob Millington.
John Greenaway, president of Sidmouth RBL, said: “‘There is a particular poignancy this year, given the truce and brief cessation of hostilities Christmas Eve 1914, it seemed fitting that of the carols to be included this year would be Silent Night, Holy Night which is noted was sung from the trenches.”
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will be provided after the service.
The branch is welcoming new members to its meeting at the Conservative Club on January 8.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight