Sidmouth rugby boys to star on screen
- Credit: Archant
Two Sidmouth youngsters are in a spin after landing a starring role with their rugby heroes in a television advert.
Jack Garner and Finn Cotton were picked for the Exeter Chiefs side by league sponsors Aviva after a nationwide hunt at every Premiership Rugby ground.
The eight-year-olds were captured on camera in action at Sidmouth RFC training session and wowed casting directors as fans of the sport.
Finn said: “It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience – I just couldn’t believe it.”
“They’re big Exeter Chiefs fans so to be filmed doing what they love is fantastic – they’ve been talking about it all week,” said Jack’s dad, Tom.
You may also want to watch:
“My parents especially are big rugby fans so to tell them Jack was going to be on TV was really special.”
The young Exeter Chiefs team impressed the camera crew with a 40-6 victory over Worcester Warriors.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall
“I think I went into a bit of a flat spin thinking they were going to be on the telly,” said Jack’s mum, Rachel.
“If Jack’s not at school or asleep he’s playing rugby, watching rugby or reading about rugby.”
Fans have been taken from every Aviva team, and the boys’ opposite is an 82-year-old Leicester Tigers fan.
The adverts are due to debut on ITV on December 22 around the Aviva Premiership Rugby highlights show.