Sidmouth rugby teacher runs for children’s charity
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth rugby teacher is running the London Marathon to score for a children’s charity.
Gareth Horrocks will battle an ankle injury from ‘a couple of ultramarathons’ to raise money for Wooden Spoon, which supports mentally and physically disadvantaged children and young people.
As a sport-loving father-of-two, he said the British and Irish Rugby-run charity ‘ticked all the right boxes’, and they welcomed the support.
“I’m confident I can run the distance, but I won’t be setting any records,” said Gareth, who is a member of the Sidmouth Running Club.
The Newlands Close resident is a franchisee of Rugbytots, the UK’s ?rst rugby-speci?c play programme for young children.
You may also want to watch:
He hopes to raise £500 for Wooden Spoon, and can be sponsored online at virginmoneygiving.com/Rugbytots.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall