Sidmouth rugby teacher runs for children’s charity
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth rugby teacher is running the London Marathon to score for a children’s charity.
Gareth Horrocks will battle an ankle injury from ‘a couple of ultramarathons’ to raise money for Wooden Spoon, which supports mentally and physically disadvantaged children and young people.
As a sport-loving father-of-two, he said the British and Irish Rugby-run charity ‘ticked all the right boxes’, and they welcomed the support.
“I’m confident I can run the distance, but I won’t be setting any records,” said Gareth, who is a member of the Sidmouth Running Club.
The Newlands Close resident is a franchisee of Rugbytots, the UK’s ?rst rugby-speci?c play programme for young children.
You may also want to watch:
He hopes to raise £500 for Wooden Spoon, and can be sponsored online at virginmoneygiving.com/Rugbytots.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank