Sidmouth rugby teacher runs for children’s charity
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth rugby teacher is running the London Marathon to score for a children’s charity.
Gareth Horrocks will battle an ankle injury from ‘a couple of ultramarathons’ to raise money for Wooden Spoon, which supports mentally and physically disadvantaged children and young people.
As a sport-loving father-of-two, he said the British and Irish Rugby-run charity ‘ticked all the right boxes’, and they welcomed the support.
“I’m confident I can run the distance, but I won’t be setting any records,” said Gareth, who is a member of the Sidmouth Running Club.
The Newlands Close resident is a franchisee of Rugbytots, the UK’s ?rst rugby-speci?c play programme for young children.
You may also want to watch:
He hopes to raise £500 for Wooden Spoon, and can be sponsored online at virginmoneygiving.com/Rugbytots.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution