Sidmouth’s Baz busks for Everest climb
Baz hopes to reach �50,000 mark for charity by end of Everest climb
BUSKING Baz Breadmore has raised �230 after three outings in the town, accompanied by Celia Monck on keyboard.
The 71-year-old singing granddad is to tackle a 17,000 foot climb to Mount Everest’s base camp next March for the British Heart Foundation.
He aims to collect �500 through busking towards his climb, and has already raised �1,000 of the �4,000 he needs for the venture.
The Water Lane resident has raised �49,000 for charity over the years and has decided to hang up his climbing boots after his latest – and last – challenge.
You may also want to watch:
Baz, who lost a lung when he was two, has run two London Marathons, cycled the length of Israel, walked 75 miles along the Great Wall of China and trekked 16,500 feet up Kilimanjaro.
He wants to top the �50,000 fundraising mark with his last big charity event before calling it a day and said: “I’m going to finish in a big way.”
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
In the meantime tickets are now on sale for Baz’s Reach for the Top Variety Show to be staged at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre on Saturday, November 13. (See page 26).
Baz has a wish list of 50 things to do, with Everest high on that list. When he retires from fundraising he has other wishes to fulfil.
“I’ve never seen a show on Broadway,” said Baz, who you can contact on (01395) 519232 to sponsor.