Sidmouth’s Bloomin’ beautiful!
South West In Bloom judges hail town’s community spirit and floral features
Competition experts were impressed by displays and the town’s community spirit.
Hard-working Sidmouth in Bloom members are now looking forward to mid-September and finding out how the town has fared.
“It all went very well and according to plan, we were very pleased with everybody,” said an exhausted Sidmouth in Bloom president Joy Seward after leading the delegation on Wednesday.
“I hope the judges were impressed and think we’ve done a good job,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
“Sidmouth looked absolutely brilliant. Now we just need to wait to see how we’ve done. It all feels very positive to me, I don’t think we could have done any more.”
Joy thanked everyone involved in the bid for putting on such a good show.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
South West in Bloom judges Kim Parish and Martin Abrahams told the Herald the town had a high standard of floral displays and praised the warm welcome they received.
“A bit of rain won’t dampen anybody’s spirits here will it,” said Mr Abrahams, who added: “Everything was very good and of a very high standard.”
Mrs Parish said: “We’ve seen a real diverse range of things, lots and lots from the community and good working with schools.”
Seasonal and sustainable planting along with the Triangle’s Jurassic themed links and children’s efforts in Connaught Gardens drew special praise, as did 3D models in the town.
“The traders have done extremely well,” added the judges, “the community has working very strongly throughout the town which is excellent.”