Sidmouth’s Bloomin’ beautiful!
South West In Bloom judges hail town’s community spirit and floral features
Competition experts were impressed by displays and the town’s community spirit.
Hard-working Sidmouth in Bloom members are now looking forward to mid-September and finding out how the town has fared.
“It all went very well and according to plan, we were very pleased with everybody,” said an exhausted Sidmouth in Bloom president Joy Seward after leading the delegation on Wednesday.
“I hope the judges were impressed and think we’ve done a good job,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
“Sidmouth looked absolutely brilliant. Now we just need to wait to see how we’ve done. It all feels very positive to me, I don’t think we could have done any more.”
Joy thanked everyone involved in the bid for putting on such a good show.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
South West in Bloom judges Kim Parish and Martin Abrahams told the Herald the town had a high standard of floral displays and praised the warm welcome they received.
“A bit of rain won’t dampen anybody’s spirits here will it,” said Mr Abrahams, who added: “Everything was very good and of a very high standard.”
Mrs Parish said: “We’ve seen a real diverse range of things, lots and lots from the community and good working with schools.”
Seasonal and sustainable planting along with the Triangle’s Jurassic themed links and children’s efforts in Connaught Gardens drew special praise, as did 3D models in the town.
“The traders have done extremely well,” added the judges, “the community has working very strongly throughout the town which is excellent.”