Sidmouth’s bounce and rhyme sessions at new venue and more news
Sidmouth Library’s popular Bounce and Rhyme sessionshave re-started at the Children’s Centre, Stowford Rise. Read this and more.
BOUNCE AND RHYME: Sidmouth Library’s popular Bounce and Rhyme sessions, which stopped after the retirement of library assistant Jocelyn Edwards, have re-started at the Children’s Centre, Stowford Rise.
The Wednesday sessions, from 10am, started last week and are now 30 minutes long, instead of an hour, but children can stay at the centre for a further 30 minutes for other activities, said librarian Liz Runnalls.
Up to 20 can attend and, said Liz, a waiting list will be drawn up if more than that want to attend.
You may also want to watch:
UNEMPLOYED: Youth unemployment in the South West has increased in every single local authority area in the last 12 months, according to a TUC analysis published on Tuesday, ahead of the latest official unemployment statistics out next week. In Devon, says the TUC, five percent of 18 to 24-year-olds are unemployed , a 28 percent increase since September 2010.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses