Sidmouth’s Community Market celebrates first year
Community market popular with stallholders and Sidmouth shoppers
SUPPORT for Sidmouth’s monthly Community Market just keeps on growing.
Having just celebrated its first year of operation, there are more stallholders wanting to sell their products than spaces available in St John Ambulance Hall.
Kerry Gibbons organises the event on behalf of the Vision Group for Sidmouth and it is held on the second Saturday of every month, selling local vegetables, meat, cakes and some crafts
Jean Twibell of the Vision Group’s Food Group said: “Our interest is in helping people to eat local food and grow local food.
You may also want to watch:
“It would be lovely to have a proper market on the main street on a Sunday, but we are a long way from that.”
She said the St John Hall was central and a popular venue for both stallholders and shoppers.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 8 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park