‘Special’ first birthday celebration for Crane and Kind
- Credit: Archant
A family lifestyle shop is celebrating its first milestone after one year in Sidmouth.
Polly McLachlan and her family opened Crane and Kind on November 2, 2018, and thanked residents for a 'special' first year.
The business owner, whose maiden name is Crane, started up online in 2015 before taking the plunge to open up a shop that caters for the whole family.
The business has continued to expand the range since it officially opened its doors last year.
Mrs McLachlan, who also runs her design business from the shop, said: "It feels really special.
You may also want to watch:
"We had our first summer and now we're coming up to our first birthday. We have learned so much and we have been so warmly welcomed.
"It feels like we are becoming part of the town and people are starting to know Crane and Kind and know more about what we are about.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
"We are a local family and one of our goals is to be a benefit to Sidmouth."