Sidmouth’s Devon County Council hustings event cancelled
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s Devon County Council hustings has been cancelled
Organisers have been forced to cancel a hustings event on Friday, April 28, as several Sidmouth division candidates are unable to attend.
The Vision Group for Sidmouth invited all six people standing for the valley’s Devon County Council seat to Kennaway House.
The incumbent, Conservative Stuart Hughes, is defending his seat against Green Party member Jeannie Alderdice, Labour’s Ray Davison, Liberal Democrat Lewis Ragbourn, Independent East Devon Alliance chairman Marianne Rixson and UKIP’s Richard Wright.
Sidmouth and the rest of the county will go to the polls on May 4.
You may also want to watch:
Read more about the candidates at sidmouthherald.co.uk.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners