Sidmouth’s Dom extends contract with Somerset Cricket Club
- Credit: Alex Davidson/PPAUK
Sidmouth cricketer Dom Bess has signed a new two year deal with Somerset Cricket Club.
The 20-year-old has extended his contract until the end of the 2020 season.
Dom, from Sidford, said: “I’m really excited about the next three years and I can’t wait for the season to start. It means a massive amount to me to play for Somerset and I’m really grateful to everyone who has given me the opportunity to get to where I am.
“I love this Club and there are so many great people here. It’s something very special to walk out on to the field here and the fans are awesome. Hopefully I can push on now and help the Club to be successful.”
The former Sidmouth Cricket Club player, made his first Somerset appearance against Pakistan in June 2016.
You may also want to watch:
On his championship debut he took six for 21 against Warwickshire, including the wickets of former England batman Jonathan Trott and Ian Bell.
In total, he has featured in 12 first-class matches, taking 49 wickets at an average of 22.59.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
Andy Hurry, Somerset’s director of cricket, said: “Having progressed through the Devon age group system and Somerset Academy, Dom has demonstrated that he is a player of great potential. This has recently been recognised with his selection in both the four-day and one-day ECB Lions squads that will tour the West Indies this winter. We are really pleased that one of the most exciting young spinners in the country has committed his future to the Club.”