Sidmouth’s future forums keep tabs on housing
Sidmouth Vision Group’s new forum links with councillors to keep tabs on local issues
NEW homes in Sidmouth was one of the topics discussed at the bi-monthly meeting of the Futures Forum of Sidmouth Vision Group.
The forum allows Sidmouth residents to discuss local issues with council members, writes Greg Carter.
Councillor Graham Troman, East Devon District Council’s champion for Localism and the Big Society, said EDDC’s regime had changed, and, in an attempt to forge links with locals, there would no longer be “closed doors” when discussing important issues for the town.
Mr Troman, who is also member of Sidmouth Traffic Forum, joined debates on a range of issues, from ideas of a traffic management scheme for Sidmouth, to the future of the Knowle, Fortfield Hotel and Blackmore Health Centre.
You may also want to watch:
He said, in the present climate, there would probably only be a need for 12-15,000 new homes in the district, due to other developments in Exeter and Cranbrook.
Housing numbers, among other things will be discussed when the Futures Forum attends the newly-transparent Local Development Framework Panel meetings.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
The forum has been set up as part of the reorganisation of the Vision Group and seeks to complement the work of local government by inviting key players to address it.
Those wishing to attend its meetings should email: email@example.com or call (01395) 519292.