Sidmouth’s Local Women For Women’s 50 Shades Of Great raises £3,000 for charities
- Credit: Archant
THERE was a ‘lovely atmosphere’ and a ‘feeling of well being’ at Local Women For Women’s latest charity event.
Held at Kennaway House on Saturday, November 23, “50 Shades Of Great!... A Day For You!” raised £3,000.
The money will be split equally between three organisations – Exeter-based cancer charity FORCE, national charity Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY) and brain tumour cancer charity Hammer Out.
It was the fifth event that the East Devon group of women had arranged.
The day – designed to raise the profile of the three charities – featured therapies, exercise and music and workshops, plus a silent auction and a raffle, which raised £500 alone.
You may also want to watch:
“It went well,” said Marion Hayman, an event organiser. “Therapists, workshop leaders, musicians and exercise instructors generously volunteered their time and we recognise and appreciate a lot of hard work was involved on their part.”
The organisers have also thanked the event sponsors, local businesses that donated raffle prizes, the Exeter College students, the stall retailers, the Kennaway House staff and “all the ladies that bought tickets to enjoy the day”.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
“The event was well attended and there was a lovely atmosphere throughout the whole day,” said Marion. “Everyone was cheerful and relaxed and with the introduction of musical entertainment as well, this all contributed to the atmosphere of the day. Everyone left with a feeling of well-being.
“The feedback we’ve received so far has been extremely positive, with most of our guests indicating they would love to participate in another event.”
The LW4W team is considering this, but hasn’t decided on a date as yet.