Sidmouth’s Mim joining walk to improve Alzheimer’s care
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth woman is joining the Exeter Memory Walk in the hope that better support can be given to people diagnosed with dementia.
Miriam Gibney, known as Mim, will use the event to remember her parents, Vera and Mattie, and several other family members who suffered with what at the time was simply called ‘confusion’.
The 63-year-old, of Fortescue, has previously sung a recital that raised £350 for Sidmouth’s Admiral Nurse campaign and £250 for Children’s Hospice South West.
Her six-kilometre walk on Sunday will be in aid of the Alzheimer’s Society.
Mim said: “I’ve been a keen walker for absolutely ages. I walk more than eight kilometres every day, either around the Sid Valley or on my treadmill at home.
You may also want to watch:
“I just love walking and want to help the Alzheimer’s Society. .”
She hopes to raise £150. Visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/mw209119.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival