Sidmouth’s minor injuries unit set to re-open - but not in the hospital
- Credit: Archant
Facility will relocate to Beacon Medical Centre
Sidmouth’s minor injuries unit (MIU) is set to reopen after a prolonged closure – but it will no longer be in the town’s hospital.
As the Herald went to press, it was revealed that the service will move to the Beacon Medical Centre, in Stowford Rise, for 12 months from Wednesday (June 1).
Previously situated in Sidmouth Victoria Hospital, the unit underwent a refurbishment as part of a community-funded £1.25million project, but closed in November 2015 due to ‘operational difficulties’.
Chair of the hospital’s comforts fund Graham Vincent said: “I’m delighted we will have an MIU in Sidmouth again, but I am disappointed that it will be in the medical centre and not the hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
NHS Northern, Eastern and Western Devon Clinical Commissioning Group announced the changes in a letter to stakeholders this week. The MIU will be provided between 8am and 6pm, from Monday to Friday.
? Read full story in next week’s Herald.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action