Sidmouth’s minor roads to be gritted in snow
Sidmouth’s gritting network plan to be covered by snow wardens
THE following roads in the Sid Valley will be cleared by Sidmouth snow warden, Councillor Stuart Hughes, Ian Barlow, Malcolm Burrough and a team of volunteers in the event of winter snow this year.
Sidmouth community: Higher Woolbrook Park, Barn Hayes,/Core Hill Road, Bennetts Hill, Woolbrook Park, Balfours, Woolbrook Meadows, Woolbrook Rise, Ashley Crescent, Manstone Avenue, Manstone Lane, Malden Lane, Manstone Mead, Manstone Close, Summerfield, Newlands Close, Newlands Road, Warrens Mead, Drakes Avenue, South Lawn, Fleming Avenue, Malden Road, Hides Road, Byeside Road, Primley Road, Primley Gardens, Coulsdon Road, Livonia Road, Arcot Park, Woolcombe Lane, Lawn Vista, Peaslands Road, Brewery Lane, Knowle Drive, Convent Road, Cheese Lane, Bickwell Valley, Boughmore Road, Boughmore Lane, Cotmaton Road, Manor Road, Glen Road, part of Peak Hill Road.
High Street, Fore Street. Beatlands Road, Cliff Road, Southway, Hillside Road, Laskeys Lane, Alma Lane, Salcombe Hill Road (pt), Brownlands Road, Frys Lane, Brook Lane, Higherbrook Meadow, Lowerbrook Meadow, Harcombe Lane, Harcombe Lane East.
SALCOMBE REGIS: Malcolm Burrough will be salting/gritting the C road from A3052 past the Thorn Golf Centre/ Thorn Coachworks and Salcombe Regis Caravan Park, into Salcombe Regis and back out along Soldiers Hill taking a right at the top and along past Mary Kings.
You may also want to watch:
l Anyone wishing to help Sidmouth being more resilient this winter, please contact Cllr Hughes (01395) 578414 or Ian Barlow at Sidmouth Garden Centre.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance