Sidmouth’s popular Pancake Day races cancelled
- Credit: Archant
The Rotary has been forced to pull the plug in the face of wet weather and pebbles covering The Esplanade
Sidmouth’s annual pancake races have been cancelled due to ‘miserable weather’.
The Sid Valley Rotary Club’s Chris Pink said the decision was made to cancel the event this afternoon (Tuesday) in the face of wet conditions and beach shingle coating The Esplanade.
Junior races had been due to start at 2.30pm today and the adults’ competition was scheduled for 3pm.
Mr Pink said it is unlikely the event will take place this year, but will be back next year to raise money for the Rotary’s chosen children’s charities.
You may also want to watch:
Apologies have been issued for any inconvenience.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon