Sidmouth’s Primley Wives Club marks golden anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Are you a previous member of the Primley Wives Club? Come and join its golden anniversary celebrations on October 21.
A Sidmouth group set up to offer women a way to socialise is inviting past members to join them to mark its golden anniversary.
The Primley Wives Club was started by a group of mums from the church’s Sunday school.
During the last 50 years, members ran their own choir and drama group, which would perform at Sidholme Hotel and care homes, participated in Sidmouth Carnival, run car treasure hunts and enjoyed trips to the theatre.
Secretary Heather Hodges started attending with her mother, who is still a member.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Hodges said: “There wasn’t the clubs that we have these days. It was something to do without the children.”
The club meets on the first and third Tuesday of the month between September and May and features a guest speaker each session.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Any past members are invited to join the group for a birthday buffet lunch at the Anchor Inn on Saturday, October 21.
For more information, call Heather on 01395 577816.